Croatia is acting following the EU Healthy Gateways advice.
1. In addition to the standard reporting requirements before a ship’s arrival, the ship’s master via agent shall communicate to the Croatian Maritime Administration and Sanitary Inspection a list of persons on board containing information on dates and ports of embarkation (refer to the form requested above).
2. National VTS service is monitoring movements of all ships on international voyages and if entering Croatian sea waters is contacting them on VHF and also informing national services.
3. In case of suspected infection of persons on board the ship shall be denied entry into port until the sanitary inspectors have identified the health status of persons on board the ship.
4. If an infection is confirmed the ship shall be denied entry into port and the infected person shall receive specific medical treatment following a specified protocol.
5. If the ship departs before laboratory results are obtained the master and the next port of call shall be given a notification of the patient’s condition and eventual confirmation of infection.
6. In case the laboratory test confirms the infection before ship departure, the patient shall be disembarked and hospitalized subject to the recommended safeguards by medical personnel and advance notice of the patient’s transport will be given to the appropriate hospital.
For further information, please feel free to contact us.