The maximum tidal range in the bay is normally 1.1 m (3’06”), but the height of the tide is much affected by wind conditions. In strong SE winds, it may be increased by up to 0.6 m (2′) and in strong NE winds, the low water may be as much as 0.3 m (1′) below.
The currents near the terminals are negligible, but in Vela Vrata the S-going current may attain a velocity of 4 knots during strong NE winds. Winds from NE and SE prevail. During the winter season NE winds Bora can reach hurricane force; SE winds may form waves of up to 3 m in Rijeka Bay.
Additional Information for INA tanker and LPG terminal
– Bunkering is available at the Bakar terminal when the vessel is alongside on berths no. 5 & 7 – Residual
Marine Fuels (FRME 180) and Diesel Fuels are available. The request should be sent a minimum of 48 hours before arrival.
– Garbage disposal is compulsory and is available via garbage boat arranged and organized by the appointed agent.
– The supply of fresh water is available at Bakar and Sršćica and must be announced in advance by ship’s agent 48 hours before the vessel’s arrival. The vessel must arrange water hoses with the appropriate length.
– Oily waters (slop) discharge available only if prior organized and agreed with Terminal via the agent.
– Handling of vessel’s store and provision is not permitted during cargo transfer operations unless approved by Terminal and Master.
– Provision and store supply at berth no. 3 must be arranged via a service boat by ship’s agent and approved by the terminal.
Latitude: 45° 19′ N
Longitude: 14° 26′ E
Admiralty Chart: 1996
Admiralty Pilot: 47
Time Zone: GMT + 1 h
Locode: HR BAK/HR RJK
An area SW of Urinj with depths of 54-62 m (30-34 fm) is designated for tankers and vessels carrying dangerous cargo. It is enclosed by the following points:· 45°14’1N – 14°29’4E
· 45°15’1N – 14°27’1E
· 45°17’8N – 14°28’0E
· 45°16’1N – 14°31’8E
BAKAR PORT PILOTAGE
Pilot is on VHF CH 12 (0-24) and Rijeka Port Control on VHF CH 9. Please contact Rijeka Port Control few hours before arrival at Rijeka.